General Questions

How long does it take to process a renewal?

We ask for 3 weeks to allow for processing. Applications are processed in the order they are received. We work very hard to ensure that you receive your renewal letter and card as quickly as possible

What Human Services/Behavioral Science Degrees are acceptable to the ADRA?

Degrees must be obtained from an in institution accredited by the Regional Association of Colleges and Schools.

Addiction Studies

Behavioral Science

Public Health

Public Policy/Administration

Health Administration

Social Work




Criminal Justice

Educational Counseling

Rehabilitation Counseling

Please note that degrees comparable or related to the above will be considered based upon the coursework outlined in the curriculum as reviewed by the ADRA. Any person seeking to be recognized as an LAC or CAC who possesses a master’s and/or bachelor's degree in a discipline other than human service or behavioral science may apply to the ADRA for a waiver. In considering the application for waiver, the ADRA consults with the IC & RC representative for guidance. In addition to the outlined requirements, 3 years (6000 hours) of work experience are required in addition to the non-human services degree.

How do I obtain a new Wallet Card or Wall Certificate?

Submit your request to our office in writing or by email requesting a replacement along with the best mailing address for the replacement. Please include your credential type and number, start date, and current expiration date in the request for verification purposes. The fee associated for the Wallet Card is $5. The fee associate for the Wall Certificate is $25. The request will be processed as time permits.

end faq

Copyright © 2018 LA-ADRA. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.
© Website Implemented and Configured by KeslerDesigns